So I may have an obsession with pancakes.
While I am in love with waffles, french toast, and baked eggs, pancakes are definitely my #1 go-to breakfast of choice.
Seriously, what is not to love?
Warm fluffy goodness that are filled and/or topped with delicious things and smothered in syrup. Yes, please!
While I have made several different variations of pancakes on the blog over the past 12 months, these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes have to be my favorite. They are cinnamon-y pancakes that are stuffed with roasted cinnamon-sugary apple slices. Yum, yum, yum.
Bonus? It used up the leftover roasted apples I had in my fridge! (because that is now my favorite apple obsession)
It starts with the dry ingredients.
Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and a good helping of cinnamon… because these babies wouldn’t be apple cinnamon pancakes without it!
Whisk the dry ingredients together to combine.
Then pour over the wet ingredients – skim milk, eggs, and vanilla.
Again, whisk to combine… but don’t over mix! Your pancakes will be flat and sad and then you’ll not have pancakes for breakfast.
Pour out ¼ cup of batter on a preheated grilled that has been greased with vegetable oil.
Then lay on three apple slices.
When the bottom is golden brown (I cook my pancakes for 90 seconds per side!), flip them over and cook until the other side is golden. Remove them from the griddle and keep warm in a 180-degree oven.
Then serve up to pancake-obsessed family and friends!
Definitely my new favorite breakfast!
So, what’s your favorite way to eat pancakes?
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cup + 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 42 roasted apple slices - see recipe on simplyrdfoodie.com
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat your griddle over medium-low heat. Lightly grease the griddle with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk well to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour ¼ cup portion of batter on to the griddle and place 3 apple slices on each pancake. Cook pancakes for 90 seconds then flip and cook for an additional 90 seconds. Keep pancakes warm in the oven. Continue to cook pancakes until all the batter is finished.
- Serve with warm pancake syrup. Enjoy!