Guys, let’s talk football food.
As I have said over and over again, I do not get football. I don’t understand the plays, the scoring rules, or the commentary. What I do know is that you cannot watch football without food.
Lots and lots of amazing food!
With the Superbowl coming up this Sunday (can you believe that it’s almost FEBRUARY), I am in hardcore food planning mode. Football food needs to be easy to eat, portable, and of course, delicious! While we have chili, pretzels, and Kickin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Bites for dinner, dessert usually varies depending on what we have around. Brownies, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars, and Stuffed Oatmeal Bars are all great, but I wanted a simple, easy cookie that everyone would love.
So I made S’more Cookies.
All the amazing taste of the campfire classic in easy, mess-free form!
Plus they are ready to go in 30 minutes… just in time of kick-off!
The cookie dough is super simple.
Cream one stick of butter with some granulated sugar and some brown sugar. When everything is combined, I add in one egg and some vanilla. Then I slowly add in the dry ingredients (flour + baking soda + baking powder + salt) and mix until just combined.
Then you add in the good stuff!
I toasted up some mini marshmallows in the oven and added them to the batter.
Then tossed in some semi-sweet chocolate chips. And some graham cracker pieces of course… you can’t have s’more cookies without graham crackers! I mixed everything in and then started rolling cookies!
Grab a tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball, and then pop it onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. I topped each cookie ball with additional marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker pieces.
I popped the baking sheet into the preheated 350 degree oven and baked the cookies for 8-10 minutes until golden.
It’s gooey and crunchy and toasty – all the flavor of the classic s’more in cookie form!
I’m so ready for game day!
What’s your favorite football dessert?
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mini marshmallows, plus extra for decorating
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 1 graham cracker sheet (honey flavor is best), broken into small pieces + extra for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place marshmallows on the baking sheet and pop into the oven while it preheats. Keep an eye on the marshmallows - remove them from the oven when they are brown and melty!
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combine.
- With the mixer on low, add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham crackers and mix until distributed.
- Portion out tablespoon portions of the dough, roll into balls, pop them onto a clean baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and then top with some extra marshmallows, chips, and graham crackers. Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden and the middle is set. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply