Happy April Fool’s Day!
(can you believe that it’s April already?!)
I am not big on pulling pranks, today or any day, but if you want to play a delicious prank on your family and friends, whip up a batch of my mom’s April Fool’s Hummus (which is absolutely harmless!).
It is a twist on my traditional hummus recipe…
…by replacing white beans for the traditional chickpeas. A tasty, sneaky prank that makes the most stubborn hummus haters change their tune.
It’s all because the white beans have a super mild flavor (which my mom loves) and a super smooth texture (which I love). And the recipe is still super easy.
Combine minced garlic and the white beans…
…with some white vinegar, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse until the beans are broken down slightly.
See, even without the olive oil, the hummus is already becoming smooth.
After an addition of olive oil, utter hummus nirvana.
Just dish it up and serve to your unsuspecting family and friends!
Happy April Fool’s Day, everyone!
Your amateur prankster friend,
- 1-15oz can of small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves of garlic – more or less depending on your taste
- 1½ tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of good extra-virgin olive oil
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, place in garlic cloves and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add rinsed, drained white beans, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and as much hot sauce as your heart desires.
- Puree – add more olive oil until you reach the consistency you want.
- Taste and adjust seasoning – add salt, pepper, and extra hot sauce.
- Serve with pita chips, raw veggies, or just dig in with spoon!