Does anyone else get super overwhelmed with food choices at summer cookouts?
Summer food is probably my favorite type of food – hamburgers, pie, salads, fruit, grilled veggies, etc. etc. etc. That means that the summer cookout is definitely my favorite place to be for June/July/August. But with so many options, I hate grabbing a huge burger… it ends up crowding everything else out!
That’s where burger sliders come in.
These mini hamburgers are perfectly portioned, which means there is more room on your plate for veggies, corn on the cob, and fruit salad. They also can be the centerpiece of your cookout. Make a bunch of sliders, put out loads of toppings, and create a Slider Bar! Your guests will love you!
Bonus? These are the easiest sliders to make and take very little time to cook… which means you can enjoy your guests!
The reason that these are probably the easiest sliders ever? They have three ingredients.
Ground beef + salt + pepper.
Because there is only three ingredients in these sliders, please make sure to get really good quality ground beef!
Mix everything together and then portion it out into 2oz portions.
Make sure to make a divot in the middle to make sure they grill up evenly!
Pop the sliders onto a preheated grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side (depending on how thick you made them!), or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Now comes the fun part!
Pop the sliders onto a small dinner roll.
Then top with your favorite toppings (caramelized onions all the way!).
Super fun, super simple, and super delicious!
Happy Saturday, guys!
- 1 pound ground beef, 80-20 mix
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, and pepper. Using your (clean) hands, gently combine the beef and seasonings together. Portion out 2oz portions of beef and roll them into a ball. Lightly flatten the ball into a disc and then make a divot in the center of the patty.
- Pop the sliders onto the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Allow the sliders to rest for 5 minutes before topping with all your favorite fixin's and serving to your family and friends!
Leave a Reply