I missed you.
I promise I’m back.
These past two weeks have been amazingly chaotic. Our whirlwind trip through Italy. Getting interns at work again. Prepping for our church’s food festival. Driving up to my alma mater. Presenting a lecture on social media at said alma mater. Spending the day with some of my RD soul sisters. Watching the sun set over a lake while enjoying mountains of pub food + cold hard cider.
It has been absolute madness, but I woke up on Monday amazingly refreshed and ready to tackle fall. What is about family + friends + food + belly laughs that revitalizes us?
But we are now back to reality (boo). Which means that I need easy weeknight recipes that can feed my crew super quick. Because we are still riding the high of summer meals consisting of grilled protein + tomato salad (aka 15 minute dinners) and haven’t transitioned to the slower, heartier stews/soups/meals of fall.
To not totally burn myself out, I decided to get a hand from the local grocery store and pick up some grated mozzarella and pre-made pizza dough (not the stuff in the can, the real thing that is by the deli counter!). Add some leftover chicken breasts + buffalo sauce + mozzarella cheese and you have an easy dinner that EVERYONE will love.
Because these Mini Buffalo Chicken Pizzas are legit.
These pizzas start with the chicken.
I took some leftover chicken breasts (even a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket works here… makes dinner even more easier AND you have leftover chicken for soup the next day) and shredded some up into a bowl. I used about half a cup of shredded chicken per mini pizza.
Pour over some buffalo sauce and toss everything to combine.
Pinch off an eighth of a ball of pre-made pizza dough – you can find this by the refrigerator section of your grocery store – and roll it out into an even disc. Portion the chicken mixture onto the pizza crust, leaving a half-inch border.
Cover the chicken with grated mozzarella cheese.
Pop the mini pizza into a preheated 450 degree oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Serve alongside some celery sticks for something to cool the spiciness!
Delicious, fun, and super easy. A quick chicken dinner winner (say that three times fast!).
- ½ cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 2oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ of a package of pre-made pizza dough
- Celery sticks for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a small portion of a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough into an even layer. Place the pizza dough onto the greased section of the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce – toss to combine.
- Place coated chicken onto the pizza dough, leaving a small border around the edge. Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pop the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Served alongside celery sticks!