These babies are our number one go-to cookie.
Because seriously, who does not love Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies?
They are loved by:
My former roommates in college.
My Girl Scout troop.
My nurses at the hospital.
Oh, and me!
Why are they absolutely addicting?
Because they balance peanut butter and chocolate so perfectly together that people who do not like peanut butter desserts (AKA this kid right here) love them.
Oh and because they are completely customizable.
You can swap that Hershey Kisses out for mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Dove Chocolate Hearts (totally awesome for Valentine’s Day!), or make a divot and fill with dark chocolate chocolate ganche.
Endless opportunities to make these babies your creation!
And did I mention that they are delicious?
These cookies are also super simple to whip up which makes them the perfect cookie for a baking beginner. (plus they look super impressive!)
It starts with the wet ingredients.
Butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter get added to the bowl of a stand mixer and are beaten until light and fluffy.
Crack in one egg and add in some vanilla extract. Beat to thoroughly combine before adding the dry ingredients (flour + baking soda + salt) in slowly (or else you’ll have flour on every surface of your kitchen).
When the dough comes together, remove the bowl from the mixer and portion out tablespoons of dough. This should make about 25 cookies total!
Pop the dough balls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Pop the sheets into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
Remove the baking sheets from the oven and immediately (but gently) push Hershey Kisses into the hot cookie.
The cookie should spread and crack a bit (but not fall apart!).
I did some with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for E… these are her favorite!
When each cookie has a piece of chocolate, transfer them to wire racks to cool before devouring with a cold glass of milk!
Definitely a cookie of champions!
So, what’s your go-to cookie?
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Hershey Kisses or mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, foil removed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat to combine.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract - continue to beat to combine.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Portion out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into a ball. Place the balls onto the baking sheets. Pop the baking sheets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and push the Kiss into the center of the cookie. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely before enjoying!
Leave a Reply