Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/simplyrdfoodie.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matcha/card.php on line 139
Yesterday was my day off and I packed it full with things that I love!
I went to the grocery store (walking up and down the aisles looking at new foods/products/spices is so much fun!).
I went to a museum and looked at beautiful art.
I walked around in the sunshine, enjoying the warm weather.
I did my laundry (ok, not something I love to do, but I do love wearing clean clothes haha).
I made these Vegan Chocolate Sprinkle Cupcakes.
And if that wasn’t the perfect, relaxing day off, I don’t know what is!
What I love about these cupcakes is that they use pantry staples.
(if sprinkles aren’t a pantry staple for you, let me know and I’ll send you some!!)
Since they use pantry staples, you can whip together a batch easily… which means that you can eat Vegan Chocolate Sprinkle Cupcakes whenever you want!
Plus, people don’t realize they’re eating vegan cake! They are super chocolatey, super moist, and super tender. Basically, they are the perfect chocolate cupcake ever.
But don’t take my word for it – make a batch this weekend and let me know what you think!
Happy Fri-YAY, everyone,
Vegan Chocolate Sprinkle Cupcakes
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 12 cupcakes||Total:|
The easiest vegan chocolate cupcake recipe with a sprinkle twist!
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar - white vinegar works well too!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips/chunks
- 12 teaspoon sprinkles - one teaspoon per cupcake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a twelve-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir to just combine. Add in the chocolate chips/chunks at this time and stir to combine.
- Portion the batter evenly across all wells in the muffin tin. Top each cupcake with one teaspoon of sprinkles.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information (1 cupcake): Calories: 247 calories | Carbohydrates: 36gm | Fiber: 2gm | Protein: 3gm | Fat: 11gm | Saturated Fat: 3gm | Sodium: 204mg | Cholesterol: 0mg