Happy Halloween Eve!!
Tomorrow is all about the sweets and treats, which means that I am going all out for our Halloween celebration for our family friends.
And I’m bringing bark.
Salty-N-Sweet Harvest Bark.
I am obsessed with chocolate bark. What is better than a layer of really, really good chocolate that is topped with lots of different (but delicious!) things? For our Halloween festivities, I decided to top my bark with lots of different fun ingredients, like pretzels, potato chips, chocolate/peanut bars, and chocolate covered candies.
This bark will most definitely put the treat in Trick-or-Treat!
Oh, and did I mention that this is probably the easiest treat to make ever?
It starts with chocolate.
I melted good quality dark chocolate in the microwave and then poured it out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
And spread it out with a spatula into a nice even layer. You want to make sure that the chocolate is spread thinly (about an eighth of an inch thin), or else it won’t break up easily later.
Now comes the fun part… the toppings!!!
I topped my chocolate with crushed pretzel thins, crushed ruffled potato chips, pieces of a chocolate/peanut bar, and some candy-covered chocolate candies (in fall harvest colors of course!).
Now comes the hardest part. Pop the baking sheet into the fridge for about an hour, or until the chocolate has hardened. (your patience will be rewarded!)
Then all you need to do is cut (or in my case, smash) it into shards.
And dig in!!!
Definitely my new favorite Halloween treat! I think my family and friends will really love this one.
So, what’s your favorite snack to stock up during Halloween?
Your candy lovin’ friend,
- 1½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 3-4 potato chips, crushed
- 3-4 pretzel thins, crushed
- 2-3 mini Mr. Goodbar candies, chopped
- ¼ cup candy-covered chocolate pieces, harvest color collection
- Pour the melted chocolate on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate out into an thin, even layer. Sprinkle the potato chips, pretzels, and candies over the chocolate. Chill the chocolate bark in the fridge for an hour to harden completely. Break into shards and serve to family and friends!