Okay, the Big Game is officially tomorrow!
AND I AM SO EXCITED…
… for the food!
I know that you all are totally done with me talking about how much I don’t understand football and how much I do get football food, so this is the LAST post about football and food for a while.
But just in case you need some last minute ideas for your Superbowl party, I’ve rounded up my favorite football eats from my favorite bloggers around the internet.
- These Slow Cooker Carnitas Taco Bites from Laura over at A Beautiful Plate are dynamite. Plus they are already in cute bite-size portions that are perfect for a large crowd!
- Pomegranate and avocado are probably the two things you never thought would go together, but they totally do. And Tieghan at Half Baked Harvest has an amazing recipe for Pomegranate Guacamole with Fried Plantain Chips… yes, please and thank you.
- Chicken wings are definitely one of my favorite football foods but they can be super intimidating to make. Thankfully, Alton Brown has a great method for BAKED chicken wings – all the flavor without having to worry about big pots of oil on the stove.
- For the vegetarians in your life who love hot sauce more than anything, my Kickin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are delicious, nutritious, and easy to whip up!
Snacks are great but you also need something a bit more hearty to fill your guests up at halftime.
- Chili is my go-to and there are so many great recipes out there. From my easy turkey chili to Oh My Veggies’ Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili with Porter to this lightened up Beef Chili from Martha Stewart, there are endless ways to make this tailgate staple.
- Chili needs something yummy as a side – I’m tossing our taco chips and cornbread to the side and serving up pretzels instead… best decision ever!
And then there is dessert. Because every great party ends with dessert!
- Brownies are my go-to dessert for any TV-related experience. These Dark Chocolate Brownies are the #1, hands-down BEST brownies on the planet.
- But these Pumpkin Chocolate Oatmeal Bars aren’t too shabby either.
- If you want totally surprise your guests, pull out this Football Bark from Beth over at The First Year Blog. It’s super cute (those almond footballs!) and an easy alternative to a baked good!
So, kiddos, what is on your menu for Superbowl? Let me know!
Your football food obsessed friend,