Happy Monday, everyone!
Since it is officially summer, my favorite thing to do after coming home from work is kicking off my shoes, grabbing a beverage, and sitting outside on my front steps to people watch. This evening routine helps me unwind after a long day and allows me to enjoy the outdoors a bit before dinner.
Normally, I grab water or an iced tea but I occasionally (especially on Friday) like to indulge in a cocktail for my front porch relaxation time. Since today is Margarita Monday, I think Watermelon-Strawberry Margaritas will fit the bill tonight!!
Fresh watermelon and strawberries are so sweet and flavorful this time of year, which make them the perfect additions to the classic margarita flavors. It is summery, delicious, and perfectly pink.
Plus, it is a great excuse to pull out the adorable paper straws that I am obsessed with!
(these turquoise stripe ones… love!!)
These margaritas come together super quickly in the blender.
Toss some fresh (seedless) watermelon into your blender.
Along with some fresh strawberries.
Pour in some of your favorite tequila.
And a healthy squeeze of lime. I’m definitely a sour puss – I put in juice from half a medium-sized lime. If you like things a little less tart, you can most certainly cut back a bit… but not too much! Margaritas need a bit of bite!
I also sprinkled in a tiny bit of salt – totally optional!
Finally, add in some ice. I personally like my margaritas on the rocks, but this version really lent itself to being blended. I added about ½ cup ice to make a thin smoothie consistency, but you can definitely add some more to get a more “slushy” texture. Then pop on the top (or you’ll have a huge mess) and blend it up! Before serving, taste the margarita and adjust sweetness per preference. Depending on how sweet your fruit is, add simple syrup until you reach the sweetness you desire.
Rub a lime wedge on the rim of a glass. (PS – I am also obsessed with mason jars…)
And dip the rim in a plate that has a mixture of kosher salt and lime zest. Make sure you evenly coat the rim of the glass with salt/lime zest. Then carefully pour the margarita into the glass.
Garnish with a lime, a strawberry, and a super cute straw!
A delicious cocktail for front porch sitting.
So, everyone, what’s your favorite summer cocktail?
This recipe was featured in i’mperfect magazine’s section, Perfect Eats! See it here – http://im-perfectmagazine.com/recipe-watermelon-strawberry-margaritas/
- ¾ cup cubed, seedless watermelon
- ¾ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup tequila
- Juice from half a lime
- Salt, optional
- ½ - 1 cup ice
- Simple syrup, to taste
- Kosher salt and zest from half a lime, for the glass rims
- Lime slices and strawberry slices, for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Heat mixture over medium heat until sugar dissolves completely. Let syrup cool completely before pouring into a container and storing in the fridge.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine watermelon, strawberries, tequila, lime juice, salt, and ice. Blend until smooth. Taste and add simple syrup to taste. Blend to combine.
- Rub a lime wedge around edge of a glass and then dip the glass in the salt/lime zest mixture, making sure to evenly coat rim. Pour margarita into the glass and garnish with lime and strawberry slices. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply